Proud to Serve Our Military
We at Pink Pearl Real Estate are so deeply grateful to all who serve in the military. The Hampton Roads area is home to all service branches, including the National Guard. As one of the largest concentrations of the military personnel in the country, you can meet military members just about anywhere you go.
As the wife to a retired Marine Corps Officer and mother to a marine and graduate from the Virginia Military Institute, I understand the lifestyle and needs of families in the military.
Typical military buyers and sellers are working on very limited time frames. Their house hunt is often just a couple of days and sometimes limited to online searches based on necessity rather than on luxury. Some have unique furniture from being based overseas and need to be accommodated in their new home. With transfers occurring every two or three years, some may be homeowners in another state, and usually want to know if they will be able to sell their home quickly when it is time to move or if it will serve well as a viable rental property once they move.
Although there are many convenient online resources for military personnel, nothing can substitute the trusted personal attention that we provide.
How do we help Military Buyers?
- Anticipate fast and intense property searches on your behalf
- Provide you with access to our local and industry experts
- We understand local neighborhoods and can match your needs/desires
- Thorough and full understanding of the PCS process and procedures
Working with Military Sellers
- Help you with a quick real estate value that’s accurate for the market
- Personal understanding of what military sellers want and need
- Ability to show you what’s best – sell or rent
- Provide trusted advice on how to best prepare your home for sale
- Serve as your problem solver
- Offer a referral at the next location
www.AHRN.com The Automated Housing Referral Network connects service members with available housing options including:
- Off-base rentals
- MHPI privatized housing
- Military shared rentals
- Temporary housing
- Rent-or-Buy Calculators Links
- wwwMove.milDoD’s portal for planning a PCS move
- Blue Star Families
- www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/ Certificate of Military Service, GSA Form- 180
- www.defensetravel.dod.mil CONUS COLA Locations
- www.militaryonesource.mil/efmp Exceptional Family Member Support
- www.militaryonesourse.mil DoD’s Family Resource System (FRS) supports military families through a network of programs, services, contacts, and agencies.
- www.acq.osd.mil/housing Military Housing Privatization
- www.nrd.gov/housing/accessible Adaptive Housing: help for Wounded Warriors. For the information on grants, home adaptations, links to organizations and volunteer groups that provide support for mounded warriors’ housing needs, go to the National Resource Directory at
- www.PentagonFoundation.org PenFed Foundation Dream Makers Grants for First-Time Home Buyers: the Pentagon Credit Union Foundation offers first-time military home buyers three-to-one matching grants up to $5000 for down payments and closing costs. The home buyer does not have to be a PenFed member to benefit from Dream Makers.
- www.military.com/benefits/military- pay/charts Military Pay Grades